Today we will discover a hidden feature to connect two or more ESP32s or ESP8266s directly to each other: ESP-now. It is much faster and more energy efficient. And we will compare it to LoRa (RFM95 and Arduino Pro Mini.
Espressif gave us this possibility and, because it is so fast, they called it ESPnow. And it also works in the Arduino IDE.
In this video, we will
- Try to understand the difference between the standard ESP mode and ESPnow
- Build a working ESPnow connection for two ESP8266
- Check-out the transmission speed and
- Compare this speed with the speed if we connect the ESP to the internet
- Compare the Energy hunger of both modes
- And finally, compare the ESPs with another technology: LoRa
ESP-Now example: github.com/HarringayMakerSpac...
Not-rebooting gateway: github.com/HarringayMakerSpac...
Online Battery life calculator: battery-life.of-things.de/batt...
ESP32 board: bit.ly/2sOMR3E
Supporting Material and Blog Page: www.sensorsiot.org
If you want to support the channel and buy from Banggood use this link to start your shopping: bit.ly/2jAQEf4 (no additional charges for you)
Official Wemos Store: s.click.aliexpress.com/e/jUzBiIq
Please do not try to Email me or invite me on LinkedIn. These communication channels are reserved for my main job
If you want to buy me a coffee: www.paypal.me/AndreasSpiess